Live bacteria gel to start new pond filters
PURE+ Filter Start Gel is a live, concentrated bacteria culture for use in new pond filters. The gel based solution will stick to the filter media, allowing the nitrifying bacteria it contains to rapidly colonise your filter.
Once the filter media has been coated with the PURE+ Filter Start Gel, the beneficial bacteria within the gel will speed up the maturation of your filter media, while helping to convert ammonia and nitrite, resulting in less stressed fish.
- Shake well before use to ensure the bacteria has not settled.
- Unscrew the cap and pour the contents of the bottle directly onto your filter media for best results. You cannot over-dose your filter with gel.
- We always advise the addition of oxygen to your pond via an airpump and diffuser when using PURE+ Filter Start Gel.
- Always perform regular water tests using a suitable test kit, especially before adding fish to the pond.
- If a UV-C is running, switch it off when dosing and keep switched off for 12 hours after dosing.
- PURE+ Filter Start Gel will not address problems with green water, a suitable UV-C should be used to clear green water.
Pure Filter Start Gel 2.5Ltr
Collection from our premises near Chepstow in South Wales by appointment or delivery to British mainland addresses.
Delivery is £8.95 per order for most dry goods, with some more expensive delivery charges applicable for very heavy or long items.
Please note delivery for dry goods is typically 2-5 working days and items may be sent in separate packages.